A Mommy Makeover Can Help You Refine Your Contours after Childbirth and Nursing
If you have given birth and finished nursing, and wish to refine your body contours, a mommy makeover performed at our San Antonio, TX, practice can help you achieve your goals. A mommy makeover is a custom treatment plan combining multiple procedures to restore your figure after pregnancy and nursing. The procedure can eliminate loose skin, remove stubborn fat deposits, lift the breasts, and add volume to the breasts. Dr. Peter Fisher can include tummy tuck, liposuction, breast lift, breast augmentation, and other cosmetic treatments in your mommy makeover. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Creating Balance with a Mommy Makeover
A mommy makeover addresses the common aesthetic issues women face following pregnancy and nursing. Quite often, diet and exercise are not enough to correct loose abdominal skin or restore a perky shape to the breasts.
Dr. Fisher realizes that every woman is different, with her own specific goals. He will listen closely to your goals and tailor your treatment plan to achieve the results you desire.
Treatments Included in a Mommy Makeover
In order to meet your goals, a mommy makeover may include:
- Tummy Tuck: In the full tummy tuck procedure, Dr. Fisher tones the abdomen by removing excess skin and tightening separated abdominal muscles. He can also reposition the navel to achieve a natural, beautiful outcome.
- Liposuction: With liposuction, Dr. Fisher removes excess pockets of fat that have accumulated over the course of the pregnancy and nursing period. Liposuction can be performed on virtually any area of the body you wish to refine, but it is most commonly performed on the abdomen, hips, and thighs after pregnancy.
- Breast Lift: A breast lift (mastopexy) is performed to restore a youthful profile to the breasts. With a breast lift, the skin envelope is tightened and the nipples are repositioned to produce a perkier bust line.
- Breast Augmentation: After nursing is complete, many women notice that the breasts lose some of their former volume. Breast augmentation can be performed to increase the size or improve the overall shape of the breasts. Dr. Fisher can provide a natural-looking enhancement with the use of saline or cohesive silicone gel breast implants.
Mommy Makeover Candidates
To be considered a good candidate for a mommy makeover, you should:
- Not wish to have more children. You can still have children after the procedure, but it may affect the results of your procedure.
- Be finished nursing.
- Have lost most or all baby weight.
- Be within 30 percent of your healthy weight range.
- Be willing to commit to a healthy lifestyle so you can maintain the results of your mommy makeover.
- Want to reverse the effects that childbirth and nursing have had on your body.
- Be in good general health.
- Not suffer from any serious medical conditions.
- Have realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedure.
- Be a non-smoker, or be willing to quit smoking.
Schedule a Consultation
To learn more about mommy makeover procedures, and to find out if you are a candidate, contact Dr. Fisher's office today and schedule a consultation.
Dr. Fisher has been available to answer all of my questions and provide me with not only professional medical expertise, but also a much appreciated level of personal empathy. I would 100% recommend Dr. Fisher to anyone who is considering plastic surgery.Brandi