What are the Benefits of a Mini Facelift?
Patients contemplating a facelift should also consider a mini facelift, an alternate cosmetic procedure that provides many of the same benefits of a full facelift, but with fewer side effects and minimal scarring. Dr. Peter Fisher can explain the benefits of a mini facelift to patients at his San Antonio, TX, cosmetic surgery practice. Whether you have undergone major weight loss or simply want to enhance your facial contours, Dr. Fisher can help you achieve your desired look. To explore the benefits of the mini facelift, and decide if it is right for your treatment goals, contact us today.
Full Facelift vs. Mini Facelift
Similar to the full facelift, the mini facelift eliminates both excess fat tissue and signs of aging around the jaw and neck. However, Dr. Fisher works through fewer and smaller incisions during the mini facelift.
As one of the most commonly performed facelift surgeries, mini facelifts offer patients many of the restorative advantages of a traditional facelift.
This technique targets the lower third to two-thirds of the face rather than the entire face. By repositioning skin and underlying muscle or fat, he can redefine your jaw and refresh your overall look.
Benefits of a Mini Facelift
As one of the most commonly performed facelift surgeries, mini facelifts offer patients many of the restorative advantages of a traditional facelift, along with a number of additional benefits:
- Minimal scarring: A mini facelift can be performed through much smaller incisions than a traditional facelift. While scarring cannot be prevented completely, incisions are placed discreetly around the ear to minimize their appearance.
- Reduced side effects: Since the incisions are much smaller and the scope of surgery less invasive, patients often report less swelling, bruising, and tenderness than after a full facelift. Consequently, the healing process can be considerably more comfortable.
- Efficiency: Since a mini facelift is far less extensive than a full facelift, Dr. Fisher can complete a mini facelift in only a few hours.
- Conservative anesthesia: Dr. Fisher can perform the surgery with local anesthesia rather than general anesthesia, allowing patients to remain conscious throughout the procedure. This allows patients to avoid the disorientation that follows administration of general anesthesia, as well as the potential health risks associated.
- Improved self-confidence: Eliminating loose skin or wrinkles can help patients feel more confident in their appearance. Often, this new confidence can create positive change in their professional and personal lives, as well.
Although mini facelifts are sometimes referred to as “weekend” facelifts, this name can be misleading. While the recovery time for this procedure is shorter than that for a traditional facelift, it can still take up to several weeks for patients to heal completely.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Fisher will explain the procedure and recovery process thoroughly, so that you have realistic expectations about surgery, healing, and results, well before your procedure.
Contact Us Today
As a specialist in post-massive weight loss body contouring, Dr. Fisher can help patients refine their weight loss results to achieve their desired look, with minimal scarring and recovery time. The team at San Antonio Plastic Surgery Center will work closely with you to ensure satisfaction during and after your treatment. Schedule your consultation today and learn what a mini facelift can do for you.
Dr. Fisher has been available to answer all of my questions and provide me with not only professional medical expertise, but also a much appreciated level of personal empathy. I would 100% recommend Dr. Fisher to anyone who is considering plastic surgery.Brandi